Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Therapy:

I am so so blessed to have wonderful therapists for Jilly!!! We have therapy every day, 2 on every day but Mondays. I will be lost someday, when Jilly goes to school and we do not have therapy at home each day. It is so exciting, to learn about their therapy skills!!! I think, when Jilly does go to school, I will be looking for a job somewhere in the school districts... working with these special children! It is so rewarding, to watch a special needs child learn... it does not matter if it is the traditional learning that most kids do, it is learning!!! I encourage every parent of special needs children... to find their child's special gifts, and push them to use those gifts the best that they can! We are so proud of Jilly!!! She may not talk or walk like most children... but she continues to amaze us every day! Her physical therapy skills are improving by 3months... every 6months. That is a really good rate, for all she has been through! And her skills in speech/special instruction, are unbelievable!!! When a child who has spent 1/3 of her life in the hospital, and 1/3 recovering... she truely has only had 1yr. of her 3yrs. to work on these skills! And yet, she can test in a 4yr. range for her receptive skills (she understands everything we say)! No, she does not talk with her mouth... but it is a rare moment, when we do not know what she is telling us!!! She signs and gestures anything she needs or wants to say! I ask our therapists to push her, as I know that it is for the better... and she truely enjoys being pushed!
Yes, I am bragging about my child... I am so proud of her, and I am so thankful to all the therapists who have worked with her... planting the seeds, for a successful life! So, this post is to say Thank you to Pat and Tina, for all of their hard work, love and compassion... to help my Jilly succeed!
My wish is that everyone with a special needs child... will find those special people, who really care and want the best for their child!!!
I am so proud, to be a mom of a SPECIAL child!!!

No comments: